You are welcome to visit this beautiful and historic place. But please exercise care and common sense.
- Proceed with great care especially if you leave the roads and paths.
- Grass paths and steps are slippery especially in wet weather.
- Headstones and Masonry (e.g. vaults and walls) may be unstable.
- On no account attempt to lever yourself up on a headstone.
- There may be hidden depressions and obstacles especially in the growing season.
- Watch out for broken glass.
- Winter helitrope can cause a severe allergic reaction in a few. Staff will identify it for you.
The areas of the Cemetery where the ground is most uneven are identified on this map with diagonal hatching.
Particular care should be exercised when walking in these areas.